47. Before starting the manoeuvre, the driver shall give signals with light indicators for the appropriate purpose, and if they are absent or defective, with his hand. In this case, the manoeuvre shall be carried out safely and not interfere with other road users.
48. The signal for manoeuvre to the left shall be the left turn light indicator turned on or the left arm extended to the side or the right arm extended to the side and bent at the elbow at a right angle upwards. The signal for manoeuvre to the right shall be the right turn light indicator turned on, or the right arm extended to the side or the left arm extended to the side and bent at the elbow at a right angle upwards. The brake signal shall be given by a brake light or a raised hand. The signal for reversing shall be given by turning on the reversing lights and the alarm.
Signalling by direction indicators or a hand signal shall be carried out without misleading other road users, well in advance of the start of the manoeuvre and stop immediately after its completion (hand signalling may be completed immediately before the manoeuvre is performed).
Giving a signal shall not give the driver an advantage and shall not relieve him from taking precautionary measures.
49. When entering a road from a secondary road, the driver shall give way to vehicles and pedestrians moving along it, and when leaving the road, to pedestrians and cyclists whose path he/she crosses.
50. When approaching a stop or parking place, the driver shall give way to pedestrians, drivers of bicycles, mopeds, horse-drawn carriages, drivers of riding and pack animals moving along the edge of the carriageway or the roadside.
51. When changing lanes, the driver shall give way to vehicles moving along the way without changing the direction of movement. With the simultaneous lane-change of vehicles moving along the way, the driver shall give way to the vehicle on the right.
Lane-change, as a result of which a dangerous distance is created between moving vehicles, shall be prohibited.
52. Before turning right, left or making a U-turn, the driver shall take the appropriate outer position on the carriageway and on the lane intended for movement in this direction in advance, except when making a turn at the entrance to an intersection where a roundabout is organized.
If signs 5.8.1 or 5.8.2 are installed on the road, then these manoeuvres shall be permitted along the corresponding traffic lanes; in this case, it shall be prohibited to occupy non-outer lanes with free outer lanes.
If there are tram tracks on the left of the following direction, located on the same level as the carriageway of the road, a left turn and a U-turn must be carried out from them, unless signs 5.8.1 or 5.8.2 prescribe the direction of movement along the lanes of the carriageway. In this case, the driver shall give way to the tram.
53. The turn shall be carried out in such a way that when leaving the intersection of the carriageways, the vehicle does not end up on the side of oncoming traffic.
54. If the vehicle, due to its dimensions or for other reasons, cannot make a turn at the intersection and outside it or a U-turn at the intersection in compliance with the requirements of paragraph 6 of this section, it shall be permitted to shift partially, and if necessary, completely, to the adjacent lane, provided ensure traffic safety and if it does not interfere with other vehicles.
55. When turning left or making a U-turn outside the intersection, the driver of a trackless vehicle shall give way to oncoming vehicles.
If, when turning outside the intersection, the width of the carriageway is insufficient to manoeuvre for the outer left position, it shall be permitted to perform it only from the right edge of the carriageway (from the right roadside). In this case, the driver shall give way to passing and oncoming vehicles.
56. In cases where the trajectories of the movement of vehicles intersect, and the order of passage is not defined by these Rules, the driver, to whom the vehicle is approaching from the right, shall give way.
57. If there is a deceleration lane, a driver intending to turn must change lanes to this lane on time and slow down only on it.
If there is an acceleration lane at the entrance to the road, the driver shall move along it and change lanes to the adjacent lane, giving way to vehicles moving along this road.
58. U-turn shall be prohibited:
1) at pedestrian crossings and intersections along the line of sidewalks or roadsides;
2) in tunnels;
3) on bridges, viaducts, overpasses and under them;
4) at level crossings;
5) in places where the visibility of the road is less than one hundred meters;
6) at the locations of stopping points.
59. The movement of the vehicle in reverse shall be permitted provided that the manoeuvre is safe and does not interfere with other traffic participants. Reversing shall be prohibited at intersections and in places where a U-turn is prohibited in accordance with paragraph 12 of this section.