159. Transportation of cargo must be carried out using transport and combinations of vehicles intended for this purpose.
The buses shall be prohibited to carry cargo, including luggage, outside the luggage compartment.
160. The mass of the transported cargo and passengers, and the distribution of the load along the axles must not exceed the values established by the manufacturer for this vehicle.
161. Before starting and during the movement, the driver shall control the placement, fastening, shelter and condition of the load to prevent it from falling and interfering with the movement.
162. Transportation of cargo shall be permitted provided that it:
1) placed and, if necessary, fixed on the vehicle in a way that it does not endanger people and does not cause damage to state, public or personal property;
2) does not restrict the driver’s view and visibility;
3) does not impede driving and not impair the stability of the vehicle;
4) does not cover external lighting devices, including a brake light and direction indicators, reflective devices, state registration plates and a distinctive sign of the state of registration, which should be on the vehicle, or did not cover hand signals;
5) does not cause avoidable inconvenience.
If the condition and placement of the cargo do not meet the specified requirements, the driver is obliged to eliminate the violations of the listed transportation rules, and if elimination is impossible, stop further movement.
163. Cargo or parts of the vehicle that protrude beyond the dimensions of the vehicle in front and behind by more than one meter or to the side by more than forty centimetres from the outer edge of the side light are marked with identification signs “Wide Load”, and in the dark and in conditions of insufficient visibility, in addition, in front with a flashlight or a white reflector, at the back – with a flashlight or a red reflector.
164. Transportation of heavy, bulky and dangerous cargo shall be carried out in the manner determined by the authorized body in the field of transport and communications.
The vehicle must be marked with identification marks: “Dangerous cargo” – when transporting dangerous cargo;
“Long-length vehicle” – in cases provided for in paragraph 9 of the Basic Provisions.