9. The driver of a power-driven vehicle must:
1) have with him/her and at the request of authorized officials of the internal affairs bodies, transport control bodies to transfer to them for verification:
driving licence for the vehicle or a temporary license issued instead of a driving licence, except for those issued in the Republic of Kazakhstan, if there is a document proving the identity of the driver;
certificate of state registration of the vehicle, except for the one issued in the Republic of Kazakhstan, or a document certifying ownership of the vehicle;
waybill, a document for the transported cargo (delivery note) and other documents for a vehicle established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) stop the vehicle at the request of an employee of the internal affairs bodies, transport control in uniform to stop the vehicle by giving a signal using a loudspeaker, a hand gesture or a baton directed at the vehicle, with a simultaneous whistle signal, which must be understandable to the driver and filed on time so that their execution does not create an emergency;
3) not leave the vehicle without taking measures to prevent the spontaneous movement of the vehicle, as well as in the event it is stopped by an employee of the internal affairs bodies without his permission;
4) pass, at the request of an employee of the internal affairs bodies, an examination for the state of intoxication;
5) when driving in a vehicle equipped with seat belts, be fastened and not carry passengers who are not fastened with seat belts;
6) pass a test of knowledge of these Rules in cases established by the Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Administrative Offenses;
7) provide a vehicle to:
medical workers travelling in a passing direction to provide medical care, as well as, regardless of the direction of movement, medical workers, employees of internal affairs bodies and national security bodies for transporting citizens in need of urgent medical care to medical institutions, as well as during anti-terrorist cost recovery operations;
employees of the internal affairs bodies for the transportation of vehicles damaged in traffic accidents travel to the place of natural disaster, as well as employees of the internal affairs bodies, the State Security Service of the Republic of Kazakhstan and national security bodies in other cases provided for by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
the requirement to provide a vehicle shall not apply to vehicles of representative offices of foreign states and international organizations with diplomatic immunity;
persons using the vehicle must, at the request of the driver, issue a certificate or make an entry in the waybill (indicating the duration of the trip, the distance travelled, their surname, position, service certificate number, and name of their organization);
the costs associated with the provision of a vehicle to the above employees of state organizations, at the request of the owner of the vehicle, shall be reimbursed by these organizations in accordance with the established order.
8) in case of a traffic accident, the driver involved in it must:
immediately stop (not move) the vehicle, turn on the emergency light alarm and set the emergency stop sign (flashing red light) in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 2 of section 7 of the Rules, not to move objects related to the incident;
take all possible measures to provide first aid to the victims, call an ambulance, and in emergency cases, send the victims on a passing, and if this is not possible, deliver them to the nearest medical institution in his/her vehicle, provide his/her last name, state registration license plate of the vehicle (with the presentation of an identity document or a driving licence and registration document for the vehicle) and return to the scene of the accident;
immediately report the incident to the nearest internal affairs body, write down the names and addresses of eyewitnesses and wait for the arrival of employees of the internal affairs bodies, except for cases provided for in paragraph 8 of section 1 of the Rules;
free the carriageway if the movement of other vehicles is impossible;
if it is necessary to clear the carriageway, first fix in the presence of witnesses the position of the vehicle, traces and objects related to the incident, take all possible measures to preserve them and ensure a bypass of the scene.
When driving a motorcycle, drivers shall wear a fastened motorcycle helmet and not carry passengers without a fastened motorcycle helmet.
10. Vehicles in international traffic shall be permitted to participate in road traffic on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the presence of international treaties issued in accordance with the requirements ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) certificate of registration of the vehicle, and trailer;
2) vehicle registration number;
3) the distinctive sign of the state;
4) vehicle identification mark
5) a document confirming the fact of passing the technical inspection of the vehicle;
11. If other malfunctions and conditions occur along the way, with which the operation of vehicles is prohibited by the Basic Provisions for the admission of Vehicles for Operation (hereinafter referred to as the Basic Provisions) and which the driver can detect, he shall eliminate them, and if this is not possible, then he shall go to parking or repair site with the necessary precautions.
12. The driver shall be prohibited from:
1) driving a vehicle without a driving licence for a vehicle or a temporary license issued instead of a driving licence, except for those issued in the Republic of Kazakhstan, if he/she has a document proving the identity of the driver;
2) driving a vehicle while intoxicated (alcoholic, narcotic and (or) toxicogenic); under the influence of drugs that impair reaction and attention; in a sick or tired condition that endangers road safety;
3) driving a vehicle that is out of order, a vehicle that has not passed a mandatory technical inspection, except for vehicles of categories M1, the age of which shall not exceed seven years, including the year of manufacture, that is not used in business activities in the field of road transport;
4) driving a vehicle, the owner of which, in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan has not agreed on compulsory liability insurance of vehicle owners and (or) an agreement on compulsory liability insurance of the carrier to passengers;
5) driving a vehicle in the absence of state registration license plates or their non-compliance with registration documents;
6) excluded by Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated June 23, 2015 No. 472 (shall come into effect ten calendar days after the day of its first official publication);
7) transferring control of the vehicle to persons in a state of intoxication, under the influence of drugs that impair reaction and attention, in a sick or tired state, as well as to persons, except for those who are learning to drive, who do not have a driving licence or a temporary license issued instead of a driving licence; certificates for the right to drive a vehicle of this category, except for those issued in the Republic of Kazakhstan, he/she has a document proving the identity of the driver, or not specified in the waybill (itinerary) sheet, or to persons who do not have the right to drive or are deprived of the right to drive a transport means;
8) crossing organized (including foot) columns and taking a place in them;
9) when driving a vehicle, using a telephone or a radio station, except for their use through the use of headphones or a speakerphone;
10) driving a vehicle with an inoperative service brake system or steering, a defective coupling device (as part of a train), and at night on roads without artificial lighting or in conditions of poor visibility – with off (absent) headlights and (or) tail lights, during rain or snowfall – with defective windshield wipers;
A service brake or steering system that does not allow the vehicle to stop or manoeuvre when moving at minimum speed is considered inoperative.
11) using alcoholic beverages, narcotic or psychotropic substances after a traffic accident in which he/she is involved, or after the vehicle was stopped at the request of an employee of the internal affairs bodies until an authorized official examines to establish a state of intoxication or until the adoption by an authorized official of a decision on exemption from such an examination.
In paragraphs 12 and 13 of section 8, paragraphs 2 and 3 of section 9, paragraph 5 of section 10, paragraphs 4 and 5 of section 11, paragraphs 4, 5 and 7 of section 12, and paragraphs 2 and 3 of section 13, paragraph 4 of section 14, paragraph 3 of section 15, paragraph 1 of section 16, paragraph 2 of section 17, paragraphs 4 and 5 of section 20, paragraphs 6 and 7 of section 22 of these Rules provide for other prohibitions for drivers.