151. Drivers of twenty-five years of age with a certificate for the right to drive vehicles of the “C” category (when transporting more than 8 people, including passengers in the cabin – “C” and “D” categories) and driving experience for more than five years shall be permitted to transport passengers in the back of a truck vehicles of this category.
The admission of military drivers to the transportation of passengers shall be carried out in the manner prescribed by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Persons who have reached the age of twenty-one and have at least three years of experience as a driver, including the experience of driving vehicles of the “C1” category for at least one year, shall be permitted to transport passengers by vehicles intended for passengers transportation, with more than eight, but not more than sixteen seats, in addition to the driver’s seat (subcategory “D1”).
Persons who have reached the age of twenty-five, who have at least five years of driving experience, including at least three years of driving experience in vehicles belonging to subcategory “D1”, shall be permitted to transport passengers by vehicles intended for passengers transportation, with more than eight seats, in addition to the driver’s seat (category “D”)
Vehicles used to transport passengers and baggage must comply with the requirements of technical regulations.
It shall be prohibited to use for transportation like taxi, the vehicles with special control, including fully manual, as well as right-hand drive.
152. Transportation of passengers in the body of a truck with an onboard platform shall be permitted if it is equipped in accordance with the requirements of paragraph 5 of the Basic Provisions.
153. Before the trip, the truck driver shall instruct passengers on the procedure for embarking, disembarking and placing in the car body; warns that standing in the car body and sitting on the sides while driving is not permitted.
The start of movement shall be permitted only after making sure that the conditions for the safe transportation of passengers are provided.
154. Passage in the body of a truck with an onboard platform, not equipped for the transportation of passengers, shall be permitted only to persons accompanying the cargo or following it, provided that they are equipped with a seat located below the level of the sides.
155. The driver is obliged to carry out embarking and disembarking of passengers in places where the standing of vehicles established by section 12 of these Rules is not prohibited, only after a complete stop of the vehicle, and start driving only with closed doors and not open them to a complete stop.
The driver of the route vehicle shall carry out embarking and disembarking of passengers only at the designated standing point.
156. It shall be prohibited to carry passengers:
1) outside the cab of a car (except for the cases of transportation of passengers in the body of a truck with an onboard platform or a box body), a tractor, a self-propelled vehicle, on a cargo trailer, a summer cottage trailer, the body of a cargo motorcycle and outside the seats provided for by the design of the motorcycle;
2) above the amount provided for by the technical characteristics of the vehicle, while the actual mass of the vehicle must not exceed the value of the permitted maximum mass established by the manufacturer;
3) in a state of intoxication on the back seat of a motorcycle;
4) above the number of places equipped for sitting in the back of a truck.
157. It shall be prohibited to transport children under 12:
1) in the back seat of a motorcycle;
2) in the absence of special child restraint or other means that allow fastening a child with the help of seat belts provided for by the design of the vehicle, and on the front seat of a power-driven vehicle in the absence of special child restraint.
158. Transportation of organized groups of children shall be carried out by buses with at least two doors, the technical condition of which meets the requirements established by the Rules transportation of passengers and luggage by road, approved by the authorized body in the field of transport and communications.
Buses intended for transportation of organized groups of children shall be equipped with a yellow flashing beacon. On these buses, front and rear identification signs “Transportation of children” shall be installed.
Transportation of organized groups of children shall be permitted for drivers at least twenty-five years of age who have a driving licence of the appropriate category and at least five years of experience as a driver.
The number of children transported on the bus should not exceed the number of seats.
Columns of two or more buses carrying children on country roads shall be compulsory accompanied by special vehicles of the internal affairs bodies.