60. The number of lanes for trackless vehicles shall be determined by markings or signs 5.8.1, 5.8.2, 5.8.7, 5.8.8, and if there are none, then by the drivers themselves, taking into account the width of the carriageway, the dimensions of the vehicles and the necessary intervals between them. In this case, the side intended for oncoming traffic shall be considered to be half the width of the carriageway of the road (or the roadbed if it is impossible to determine the edge of the carriageway of the road), located on the left, unless a different traffic order is determined by the traffic organization.
When determining the conditional line separating the side intended for oncoming traffic, the local widening of the carriageway (roadway) shall not be taken into account.
61. On roads with two-way traffic, having four lanes or more, it shall be prohibited to drive to the side of the road intended for oncoming traffic. On such roads, left turns or U-turns may be performed at intersections and other places where it is not prohibited by the Rules, signs and (or) markings.
62. On two-way roads with three lanes, it shall be prohibited to drive to the leftmost lane intended for oncoming traffic.
63. Outside built-up areas, as well as in built-up areas on roads marked with signs 5.1 and 5.3, or where traffic at a speed of more than 80 km/h shall be permitted, drivers of vehicles drive them closer to the right edge of the carriageway, while not occupying the left traffic lanes at free right ones.
In settlements, taking into account the requirements of this paragraph and paragraph 5 of this section, paragraph 1 of section 16 and paragraph 2 of section 24 of the Rules, traffic shall be carried out in any lane, however, drivers of vehicles moving along the left lanes at a speed less than the permitted one, shall clear the lane they occupy with lane-change to the right to vehicles approaching from behind in the same lane at a higher speed and giving warning signals in accordance with paragraph 13 of section 19 of the Rules.
On any roads that have three or more lanes for traffic in this direction, it shall be permitted to occupy the leftmost lane only in heavy traffic when other lanes are occupied, as well as for overtaking, turning left or turning around, and trucks with a maximum permissible weight of more than three thousand five hundred kilograms – only for a left turn or a U-turn. Departure to the left side of the road with one-way traffic for standing and parking shall be carried out in accordance with paragraph 1 of section 12 of the Rules.
The movement of vehicles in one lane at a speed greater than in the adjacent lane shall not be considered overtaking.
64. Vehicles whose speed does not exceed 40 km/h or which, for technical reasons, do not develop such a speed, shall move along the outer right lane intended for the movement of this vehicle in the direction it needs, except for cases of the bypass, overtaking, lane-change before turning to the left, turning around or standing (parking) in permitted cases on the left side of the road.
65. It shall be permitted to drive on tram tracks of a passing direction, located on the left at the same level as the carriageway of the road, when all lanes of this direction are occupied, as well as when passing, overtaking, turning left or making a U-turn, taking into account paragraph 6 of section 8 of the Rules. This should not interfere with the tram. It shall be prohibited to enter the tram tracks of the opposite direction, as well as the movement through the intersection on the tram tracks if signs 5.8.1 or 5.8.2 are installed on the road.
66. If the carriageway of the road is divided into lanes by marking lines, the movement of vehicles must be carried out strictly along the marked lanes. It shall be permitted to run into broken marking lines only when changing lanes.
67. When turning onto a road with reverse traffic, the driver shall drive the vehicle in such a way that when leaving the intersection of the carriageways, the vehicle takes the rightmost lane. Lane change shall be permitted only after the driver is convinced that movement in this direction is also permitted in other lanes.
68. Vehicles shall be prohibited to move along roadsides, sidewalks and footpaths (except for cases provided for in paragraph 1 of section 12 and paragraph 2 of section 24 of the Rules), and in populated areas – in addition, outside the carriageway. The movement of vehicles for road maintenance and public utilities shall be permitted, as well as the entrance along the shortest path of vehicles transporting cargo to objects located directly at the roadsides, sidewalks or footpaths, in the absence of other access possibilities. In this case, traffic safety must be ensured.
69. The driver, depending on the speed of movement, maintains such a distance from the vehicle moving in front, which will allow avoiding a collision, as well as the necessary lateral interval, ensuring traffic safety.
70. Outside built-up areas on two-way roads with two lanes, drivers of vehicles for which a speed limit is set, as well as vehicles (composition of vehicles) with a length of more than seven meters, shall maintain such a distance between their own and the vehicle moving in front so that vehicles overtaking them could change lanes to the previously occupied lane without interference. This requirement shall not apply if the driver is preparing to overtake, as well as in heavy traffic and when driving in an organized transport convoy.
71. On roads with two-way traffic, in the absence of a dividing lane, safety islands, bollards and elements of road structures (supports of bridges, overpasses, etc.) located in the middle of the carriageway, the driver shall drive around on the right, unless signs and markings prescribe otherwise.